Breast Health Navigator
The Comprehensive Breast Service of the Community Cancer Center has a Breast Health Navigator available to meet with patients and families to help “navigate” their way through the healthcare system. A Breast Health Navigator is a Registered Nurse who is knowledgeable about breast diseases and specially trained to facilitate breast cancer care.
A Breast Health Navigators’ duties include:
- A provider of educational resources for patients and families, to answer their questions, and address their worries during the breast cancer journey.
- A nurse educator that provides facts of breast cancer, while not giving opinions or treatment advice.
- Facilitator of physician recommendations for patient care to help ensure patient understanding and compliance.
- A triage manager, accessing patient’s educational and social needs and referring to the appropriate source of help.
- Partners with social work, dietetics, and other supportive services along with cancer registry to provide service, monitor quality and measure and evaluate services.
CCC Breast Health Navigator
407 E. Vernon Avenue
Normal, IL. 61761
(309) 451-2216 Office
(309) 451-2299 Fax