Current Job Openings
Cancer Conference Coordinator/Cancer Registry Assistant
JOB SUMMARY: Multidisciplinary Cancer Conferences (MCC or tumor boards) are defined as regularly scheduled meetings where representatives from surgery, medical oncology, radiation oncology, nursing, pathology, and diagnostic imaging discuss all appropriate diagnostic tests and suitable treatment options for cancer patients and are a key component of high quality cancer management. The Cancer Conference Coordinator (CCC) is a role that is essential to the MCC team, responsible for the administrative management and support and for the functioning of the individual meetings. The CCC maintains the responsibility of planning case conferences, communicating and interacting with physicians, collecting quality data.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job consistently and satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, education and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelors or Associate Degree in Health Information Management, or clinical background, (nursing, imaging, etc.) Experience with imaging helpful.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret appropriate and related information relevant to the Cancer Center.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts.
- REASONING ABILITY: Able to make decisions independently; able to handle complex situations tactfully.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: See Education
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Excellent computer skills, quick learning and adequate functionality including accessing, inputting and printing from appropriate programs.
- OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to utilize resource materials:
- AJCC Staging Manual
- CoC Standards Manual
- OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Excellent understanding of medical terminology and anatomy and physiology.
Deadline for Application: May 2, 2018
Joe Prosser, Executive Director
Community Cancer Center
407 E. Vernon Ave.
Normal, IL 61761