FINANCIAL ASSISTANT, PART-TIME
JOB SUMMARY: This is a part-time position, without benefits, for 24 hours per week, on the day shift, Monday through Friday. Assisting the Director of Finance in managing, processing and troubleshooting various accounts and transactions. Will also provide a broad range of support services including general office duties.
- Process and prepare financial and business forms for checking account balances.
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports.
- Create, send and follow up on invoices.
- Assist with department budgets.
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees and/or clients.
- Collect information for and prepare payroll payments for employees.
- Oversee payroll maintenance system.
- Attend finance meetings or staff meetings and assist with financial reporting to managers and administration.
- Develops and maintains office correspondence, files reports, conference room calendars.
- Provides various accounting support for Accounts payable, accounts receivables, and payroll statement preparation.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of health care finance experience preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are necessary.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret appropriate information relevant to the Cancer Center.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and groups, including leaders, staff, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to use principles of accounting and able to perform financial analysis.
- Ability to effectively negotiate business transactions and manage staff.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Advanced computer skills that allow for quick learning and adequate functionality including accessing, inputting and printing from appropriate programs.
- Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Payroll and Accounts Payable experience preferred.
- Must be an active member of a pertinent professional organization.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
- Resumes must be submitted on Indeed.com by October 24, 2019.
CONTACT: Sarah Burnett, Director of Finance
Community Cancer Center
407 E. Vernon Ave.
Normal, IL 61761