We are Central Illinois’ leader in cancer care and we believe that developing a comprehensive treatment plan to meet individual needs is the best way to fight disease and focus on the individual.To Make an Appointment
Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt or Non-Exempt
Original Effective Date:
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for working with management and support personnel to ensure projects are completed on time. This individual will also see that marketing projects have the resources and attention it needs to be successful. The coordinator will also be responsible for handling correspondence with clients and communicating with other staff in the organization to keep marketing projects on track.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other responsibilities may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, the employee will consistently demonstrate the following:
1. Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality; understands and fully supports the Patient Incident Reporting policy/procedure, the Workers' Compensation incident reporting policy/procedure and the General Incident reporting policy/procedure.
2. Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
3. Continuous Improvement – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; pursues training and development opportunities; shares expertise with others.
4. Dependability – Takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
5. Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
6. Initiative – Volunteers readily; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
7. Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills.
8. Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; builds morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Works independently as appropriate assuring timely completion of projects, determining priorities and delegating where necessary.
9. Respect – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
10. Analytical – Collects and researches data as appropriate to the position; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
11. Customer Services – Responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
12. Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
13. Trust – Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational goals and values. Maintains the utmost of confidentiality on all matters within the Center concerning internal and external customers.
14. Safety – Proactively supports a safety-minded work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job consistently and satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, education and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Advertising. One or more years of experience in marketing, advertising or graphic design.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, analyze, interpret and use appropriate, related information relevant to the Center and the position.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to make critical decisions in a timely fashion knowing when and how to use input; ability to initiate, implement, enforce and monitor policies and procedures. Ability to coordinate multiple projects concurrently and assess and alter priorities as needed.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: As appropriate to position. Required, preferred or within a certain number of years after accepting position.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Excellent [average] computer skills that allow for easy and immediate application of [Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and other Center software systems--latter personalized to position].
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Strong attention to detail. Must be motivated and able to work with minimal supervision. Demonstrates critical thinking and creativity. A pleasant, welcoming demeanor to all customers--internal and external--is required. Conflict resolution skills.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: May occasionally be required to work outside of typical scheduled day-time hours.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
While the bulk of the functions will be performed in a normal office environment, this job may operate in a clinic environment as well. At that point, the role is routinely exposed to common health care conditions, smells, noises, chemicals, sharps, etc. OSHA Category 1 hazards may be present--tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues and other potentially infectious materials exist. The role consistently uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines as well as other equipment associated with office functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, sit and use hands-to-fingers and to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. This position may be sedentary. The employee is occasionally required to move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close and color vision.
This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. The Community Cancer Center reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and experiene required.