Good nutrition is an important part of cancer treatment, recovery, risk reduction and prevention. The Community Cancer Center has an oncology certified registered dietitian who works with the healthcare team to provide nutrition assessment, education, and counseling for patients and caregivers whether going through chemotherapy, radiation therapy or survivorship. The nutrition services include:
- Preventing and treating malnutrition
- Counseling on diet and cancer prevention
- Management of treatment side effects
- Aiding in nutrition recovery following treatments
- Tube feedings recommendation, management, and monitoring
- Monthly nutrition, exercise and wellness education classes for all survivors
For more information, or if you are interested in meeting with our dietitian to discuss a topic that concerns you or your family, please call 309-451-2218.